Care Net Pregnancy & Family Services
INTERESTED IN PARTNERING WITH US? VISIT OUR PARTNER SITE FOR MORE INFORMATION.
Medical consultations for pregnancy
A first trimester medical consultation is available to upon your request, after your pregnancy test appointment. Our medical professionals will provide you with support and address any questions you need answered make an informed choice.
Care Net of Puget Sound’s Medical Services are supported by over 35 medical professionals in King and Pierce Counties in Washington State. We have an extensive referral network available to you to help you choose a doctor who can continue your prenatal care or address other medical concerns you need to explore, so that you can have a healthy pregnancy.
If you're dealing with an unplanned pregnancy - or think you may be pregnant - Care Net is here to help with free, confidential medical services provided by medical professionals.
Free Pregnancy Testing
No insurance needed
No cost to you
Are you wondering “could I be pregnant?” If so, we’re here to help. At Care Net, we offer free pregnancy testing, limited ultrasound and other pregnancy care services.
– Laboratory quality pregnancy tests to assure you of accurate test results.
– First trimester medical consultation
– Limited first trimester ultrasound exam
– STI screening for our negative test patients
If you are concerned that you may have an STD, we are here to help with free STD testing services for women. Our STI screening (STD testing) is a 2-step process.
Your 1st appointment will involve:
- A medical history intake
- Information about the testing that will be given as a precaution
- A pregnancy test
- The actual STI/STD screening (swab and/or urine testing may be utilized)
Your 2nd appointment will be for:
- A medical consultation to give test results and follow-up information. (Care Net will provide the needed medication).
- Referrals will be made to the Health Department for further testing (HIV and others).
- Referrals for the testing of your partner and treatment if necessary.
Care Net offers STI/STD screening for the three most prevalent STIs in our geographical area. We work in collaboration with the Health Department and refer our patients to them for HIV and additional STI screening. Care Net is grateful to local medical laboratories who provide the test results at no cost to our clients. Our Medical Professionals provide the STI Screening tests and the medication (if needed) for complete care at no cost to our patients.
We offer free and confidential screening for Gonorrhea, Chlamydia, and Trichomoniasis. Additionally, information on health care as it pertains to sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) and related subjects will be provided.
STD symptoms in women are not always obvious. [i] The only way to find out for sure if you have an STI/STD is to get tested!
All medical services are provided by medical professionals. If you are on your period for your STI/STD appointment, you will need to reschedule after your period.
*STD screening services provided for female clients only.
Visit us for your free ultrasound.
You may already know you’re pregnant; however, due to our medical protocol a pregnancy test will need to be administered in center before you receive any other medical services.Your ultrasound will be performed by a certified medical professional. The ultrasound will always be confidential and at no cost to you.
Our limited obstetrical ultrasound can tell you approximately how many weeks you are into your pregnancy.
Our free ultrasound may aid you in making important decisions about your pregnancy. A positive pregnancy test alone will not tell you if your pregnancy is able to continue.
The American Institute of Ultrasound Medicine (AIUM) and Association of Women’s Health, Obstetric and Neonatal Nurses (AWONN) recognize Limited Obstetrical Ultrasounds as diagnostic ultrasounds.
Finding out if your pregnancy is viable (able to continue) before choosing abortion is very important.
- Is the pregnancy located where it should be (in the uterus and not in the fallopian tube – ectopic pregnancy)? [i]
- Approximately how far along are you?
- Is your pregnancy progressing as it should in a healthy early pregnancy, since the miscarriage rate in early pregnancy is about 1.5 in 10? [ii]
Did you know that on or around 21 days after conception, your baby’s heart begins to beat? [iii] During the limited obstetrical ultrasound appointment, we answer the questions above as well as measure the heart rate.
Should you discover that you are pregnant, you do have choices. Schedule an online appointment today or call our 24/7 Helpline at 1-877-NOT-ALONE (668-2566). We have 6 center locations to serve you: Tacoma, Gig Harbor, Puyallup, Lakewood, Federal Way, and Kenmore.
Free Childbirth Education Classes
If you’re pregnant, we’re here to help you prepare for having a baby with our free childbirth education program.
- These classes are FREE and taught by a Registered Nurse with CBE certification.
- These classes will prepare you for labor and the birth of your child.
- You will learn and practice labor coping skills and learn childbirth techniques.
- You should bring two pillows and a mat, and wear comfortable clothing
Currently Childbirth Education Classes are offered at our Gig Harbor and Puyallup locations:
2727 Hollycraft Street
Gig Harbor, WA 98335
2727 Hollycraft St., Ste. 130, Gig Harbor,WA 98335
Please Call 253.858.5585 for more info.
11102 Sunrise Blvd. E., Ste. 107, Puyallup,WA 98374
Please Call 253.770.8796 for more info.
Free Earlybird Pregnancy Classes
- FREE Class, but pre-registration is required.
- One 2-hour, small group session
- Physician-approved curriculum taught by RNs.
- For pregnant women + one guest *No childcare offered.
Offered once a month at all 6 Care Net centers
Care Net Pregnancy Centers of Puget Sound is able to help you answer these questions. You’re not alone. We’re here to listen. We’re here to help. Call 1-877-NOT-ALONE. 24/7. Anytime. Any day.